08 June 2008

He never lets go!

Brothers, Sisters, Family, and Friends,

I want to share something with you all that God put on my heart this morning. I was praying for several of you and God spoke into my heart and I feel impressed to share these words with you...

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me


Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

(Matt Redman, "You Never Let Go")

I know life is chaotic at times and sometimes your whole world seems to be crashing down around you. It seems that everything and everyone is out to get you. There is too much weight on your shoulders and you do not think you will make it much further before you crumble beneath it. You are hurt by those who should not be hurting you. You are frustrated, angry, upset, tired, exhausted, and overwhelmed.

And all you want to know is WHY! Why God, is this happening to me?

I do not have the answer and God may not be ready to give His answer to you. But I am led at this moment to encourage you.

He IS walking with you in the chaos and He IS ready and willing to carry you through it...if only you will let Him. God put it on my heart that some of you need to cry out to Him the words of this song on your knees. Remind yourself of the God you serve and that He truly is an Awesome God.

So click this link... You Never Let Go, bow your head, allow the words to sink into your heart, and listen as God speaks to you.

And remember Romans 8:35, 37-39...

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

There is nothing that can separate you from the love of God. You may have turned your back or strayed away from Him, but He is still there...watching, waiting, and willing to wrap His arms around you again.

If you are fearful and feeling alone it may be because you are not focusing on God. You are focusing on the chaos...the storm. And just as Peter did when he took his eyes off of Jesus, you are sinking in the turbulent waves and allowing the swirling waters to overpower you and your lungs are filling up with water.

Take your eyes off of the storm and Seek out His face again. Reach out to Jesus as a drowning man, knowing he will no longer be able to stay afloat, reaches out one last time with all of his remaining strength and energy toward the one who can pull him out of the water and save his life.

Do this wholeheartedly, and you will find peace again, despite the chaos that surrounds you.

He does not promise to take the chaos away. He does promise to walk with you through the depths of it. So take His hand once again and follow His lead with every step.

I love you all...I am hurting because you are hurting, emman

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Emman,

Thanks for your words. These are just the ones I need to hear at the moment.

Avery